[aklug] Just a thought....

From: Nathan T. Templeton <pb280c@gci.net>
Date: Tue Dec 02 2008 - 02:18:10 AKST

Hey Guys,

 Nothing against Barslow, But I would like to put myself up for
president of the group. I may not be the most savy, but I'm there, I'm
willing to help. I''m ready to do what I have to do..
 I want to know if I've proven myself worthy as of yet..
 Honesty is the better part of valor, So I wait to hear from Art and
others.. Tell me if I'm ready for what I ask, or foolish..

Nathan.
When you are Sierra-Oscar-Lima. I am Hotel-Tango-Hotel.

I have believed for a very longtime that linux is the future. I strive
to look beyond my MCSE to understand the true hope the opensource
brings. Let us give a call, anyone else? Throw your hat in the ring,
it's time for change, we are faultering.. The installfest is faultering,
indeed, we have coverage in the adn and others.. But is that enough? we
need more of the younger crowd. We need more coverage. We need to find
others that will be interested..

 I would think Feilder could bring in many from his many groups if only
given the chance.. I think Doug could pull in many of his own.. I know
Damien is waiting for the chance to do more. Why not have someone
willing? Wanting to see? And do those things?

 I love ya Mike. I do, but you have way to many things going on to make
things happen in this group. I have the time, I have the want. I want to
make it happen.. I want to best the MacUsers @ the Museum. I want to
best the Windows Guy here on base..

 I want this lug too be the best it can be, I've shown up for way to
long to a core group that has a lot to give, and no one to ask.

That's it.. That's my take..

Let me know if I'm wrong, Let me know if I'm right.. Either way, change
has to come to the LUG and I'm willing to take up that change. .

Goodnight, and be well,