[aklug] Re: Ubuntu LoCo

From: Damien Hull <damien@linuxninjas.tv>
Date: Fri Nov 21 2008 - 14:31:55 AKST

I think you are assuming too much. How many times have network administrators complained about end users? That's why I'm saying Teachers / older users might have trouble learning Linux. Not because Linux is difficult but because it's different from what their use too.

On the administration side you are assuming that ASD has people who know Linux. I'm not sure they do. We aren't talking about Windows or Mac administration. We are talking about Linux and distribution management. That takes a different set of skills.

I'm not saying that ASD can't do these things. I'm sure they can. I'm just interested in seeing how they do it.

NOTE
It's been my experience that the education system in this country doesn't like or even hates to change. It's nice to see our education system take a giant leap in the right direction. It will be interesting to see what they do with Linux and open source software.