[aklug] Re: Projectors and Secure Wifi

From: Damien Hull <damien@linuxninjas.tv>
Date: Thu Nov 06 2008 - 10:32:44 AKST

I've had the same problem in the past. I'm happy to report that Mirrored or dual-screen mode works with my ThinkPad T42 and Dell Inspiron.

I'm running Ubuntu and the GUI tool for screen resolution has a "Mirror Screens" option. It also has a "Detect Displays" button. I'm not sure if that works. In the past I had to connect the projector before I booted the system. If I didn't the system wouldn't switch to the projector. I'm not sure if that's necessary any more but I still do it.

What Laptop and Distribution combo are you using?