[aklug] Re: Dual monitors, dual X servers

From: Clay Scott <rudeboy@gci.net>
Date: Wed Nov 05 2008 - 16:35:17 AKST

i set up almost exactly the setup you're talking about for a friend's family so they could run several concurrent x-sessions at the same time. it provided a way for each of the kids to essentially have their own computer which was just a separate keyboard/mouse/monitor hooked up to one very decently spec'd linux box.

the principal could easily be modified to fit your needs though it would require some scripting to get a single command to spawn everything just the way you wanted. i think i originally used the link below to get started with my setup. should get you going in the right direction...

http://linux.about.com/od/nwb_guide/a/gdenwb01t52_3.htm