[aklug] Re: Projectors and Secure Wifi

From: Arthur Corliss <acorliss@nevaeh-linux.org>
Date: Wed Nov 05 2008 - 15:06:13 AKST

On Wed, 5 Nov 2008, Damien Hull wrote:

> It is wrong to assume that plugging into a projector just works. In the past this has never worked well for me. If at all. It looks like things are changing.

It is wrong to assume that there's anything special about 99% of the
projectors out there. The only question is whether the DDC information is
available for autoconfiguration. But I've found with *every* projector I've
every run across that a basic VGA X configuration will work every time. And
adding new resolutions to the screen section is all that's needed for the
higher resolutions as well.

Nothing's likely really changed, Ubuntu is just finally doing something
logical by default, rather than make you do it manually. Projectors haven't
been a real problem in literally years.

         --Arthur Corliss
           Live Free or Die