[aklug] Re: Asterisk, AstLinux and SIP Service.

From: Damien Hull <damien@linuxninjas.tv>
Date: Fri Oct 17 2008 - 13:40:14 AKDT

Well, my ultamit goal is to have voice mail sent to a website with an RSS feed. For now I just want a simple plan that works.

I think the AstLinux box is going to be voice mail only. I spend most of my time at the coffee shop where I can't get a SIP connection. Here's what happens when someone calls.

1. If my soft phone is running it rings
2. If I don't answer it goes to voice mail
3. If my soft phone is not connected it goes strait to voice mail

PROBLEM

Voice mail responds too quickly. At least that what it seams like to me. I call and before I can get the phone to my ear the box is responding with voice mail instructions. Or it's trying to respond. I believe the first few seconds of the voice mail instructions got cut off.

Is there a way to have the system ring a few times and then go to voice mail?