[aklug] Asterisk, AstLinux and SIP Service.

From: Damien Hull <damien@linuxninjas.tv>
Date: Fri Oct 17 2008 - 10:42:42 AKDT

I've been messing with AstLinux off and on for the past two weeks. It's a distro that smashes Asterisk onto compact flash. It works! I made my first call into the AstLinux box at about 2 this morning. Long night.

1. AstLinux 0.4.8
2. 1GB compact Flash
3. Compact Flash to IDE adapter
4. PIII
5. Telasip for sip service

I think it's $9.99 a month for incoming calls. No Alaska numbers. I told them to give me any number. I think mines in San Francisco.

I can say two things about Asterisk and AstLinux.

1. It works!
2. Documentation SUCKS!

I need a better extensions.conf config. Anyone have any experience with this? I'm taking any and all suggestions.