[aklug] Re: Dell's Cheap Server Deal $199

From: <bryanm@acsalaska.net>
Date: Wed Oct 15 2008 - 01:56:12 AKDT

On Tue, October 14, 2008 11:15 am, Ben Everitt wrote:
> I know many of you already have fine boxes running in your closets, but
> for the soon to upgrade crowd - this deal is sweet:
>
> http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?config_data=&c=us&cs=04&fb=1&kc=6W300&l=en&oc=bsddod8&s=bsd
>
> I have one and it purrs nicely.

I wasn't planning to upgrade just yet, but that is a compelling price.
Aside from no video card, is there a reason this wouldn't be a good
desktop machine?

How upgradeable are Dells with respect to clock speeds, new CPUs, etc.?

How often does Dell have super-low deals like this?

--
Bryan Medsker
bryanm@acsalaska.net