[aklug] Icecast server configuration

From: Christopher Howard <choward@indicium.us>
Date: Thu Oct 09 2008 - 12:08:40 AKDT

Is anyone on this list currently running an Icecast2 server? I'm trying
to set up a server to stream out all my CC music, mainly for my own
use. It been a real pain trying to figure out everything -- like how
the config files should look, where everything should be placed, what
permissions should be set, etc -- even with online docs.
I was hoping someone might be able to give me details about their
current configuration, share config files, and that sort of thing.

I'm also open to suggestions for alternate software, though other people
seemed to say good things about Icecast. I played around with VLC a
bit, but I couldn't seem to get ogg music to stream.

The server is a Debian machine running out of the Lenny repos.

-- Type: text/x-vcard
-- File: choward.vcf