[aklug] Friday Linux: soft phones on LinuxMCE

From: Stanley Long <slong@acsalaska.net>
Date: Thu Sep 25 2008 - 21:49:53 AKDT

Last week we configured a 930 mHz box as a headless LinuxMCE "Core" server:
        http://www.linuxmce.org/
        http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User's_Manual

The setup was rough until we swapped out a defective CD-reader :-(

We concentrated on configuring soft phone Telephony.
http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/LinuxMCE_telecom_features

The wiki doesn't address soft phones with the detail we wanted. We have
Twinkle and EKIGA on machines on the MCE network (all in the same room).
They initiate calls to each other, but the calls are reported as being
"refused" by the other end. It may be that we have not properly
"registered" either soft phone on the core server.

Does anyone in town want to join this Friday evening and show us what we
missed?