[aklug] Re: Can you use the Debian network install cd with the DVD/CD collection?

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Sep 16 2008 - 19:16:04 AKDT

OK, I finally figured out what AntiX is. So I'm guessing that what you
are actually looking for is a lightweight distro for an older laptop.

I don't know how hard this will be to do a network install. It appears
they are just getting the mirrors set up and I haven't heard of anyone
running this yet.

You might look here http://antix.mepis.org/

For another distro geared towards older hardware, you might also check
out: http://www.vectorlinux.com/

It's been out a couple of years and should be more mature. It's based on
Slackware as opposed to Debian.