[aklug] Can you use the Debian network install cd with the DVD/CD collection?

From: Robert Crowe <crowe.robert@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Sep 15 2008 - 20:43:04 AKDT

Howdy,
I was wondering if it was possible to to use the Debian network install cd
to build a base system from the Debian DVD/CD collection?
1) It would save bandwidth for those paying for it (like all of us) and on
the other end dialup is not an option due to time and obvious limitations.

2) Some laptops do not come with a pcmcia slot needed to bypass the ethernet
issue specifically the lack of onboard wlan support from the network install
disc.

3) The ownership and customization of such a system cannot be underrated.

This question came to me while perusing the AntiX forum and reading about
various customizations using the AntiX 7.5 "base."

I found THIS <http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/432> article
while googling for this question which points me in the right direction but
doesn't quite answer the question.

--
"Nothing in the universe can travel at the speed of light, they say,
forgetful of the shadow's speed."