[aklug] New printer Brother MFC-465cn

From: barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue Aug 26 2008 - 14:30:50 AKDT

First let me say that I didn't realize that Office Max had such a =20
selection of printers. It might be because of school just =20
starting...but thought I would share.

Walmart and Freddy's just had a couple of models...neither had the =20
Brother printer.

I never made it to OfficeMax or BestBuy...wrong side of town for me. :)

If you need a printer that works with all the OS's then this brother =20
465cn works nicely.

Although there were a few hoops to jump through to get the linux one =20
working, it wasn't too bad, and there seemed to be enough information =20
to get it figured out.

Took about two hours to do all my machines.

The printer comes with a bunch of OCR/Image manipulation etc =20
software...overall seems like a good value. (< $100)

I haven't hunted for the best bargain on the inks, but they seemed =20
reasonably priced.

As Doug MacLean says...when you run out of ink...just buy another printer! :=
)

It is a multifunction unit and is network aware. So this is just =20
plugged into the rest of my network.

There was still a printer left at Northway mall when I bought this on Sunday=
.

Thanks for listening.

Mike B.