[aklug] Small note: duplicate e-mails

From: Christopher Howard <choward@indicium.us>
Date: Wed Aug 20 2008 - 10:39:23 AKDT

Just a side note... I wanted to mention that since I joined the aklug
mailing list, I have been getting duplicate e-mails from many of you.
That is, when you respond to my posts, one message shows up in my inbox
that was sent to the aklug mailing list, and an exact copy shows up in
my inbox that was cc'd to my address.

Would it be possible for those of you who are doing that to adjust your
mailing clients, sending practices, or aklug preferences so that all
your responses simply go to the list, and there are no CCs? It would
save me a lot of time, because currently I still load and scan through
those all those duplicate e-mails (since I don't know for certain
before-hand whether or not they are duplicates.)

(I suppose I could try to filter out CC'd e-mail from the aklug mailing
list; but if this is happening to me it might be happening to others as
well.)