[aklug] Re: Network Set Up Project

From: Bob Cortez <rjcortez@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Feb 13 2008 - 14:47:47 AKST

On Feb 13, 2008 8:15 AM, barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net> wrote:

> Bob,
>
> Did you get very far through the Samba howto? Have you been able to do
> any troubleshooting?
>
> What version of Samba are you using?
>
> It might be best just to start with a simple specific problem you are
> having, then we work to get that resolved.
>
> Mike B.

Progress! Samba is up and working. After trying a few different tutorials,
swat and gsambad the solution that finally worked for me I found here.

Also connected to the network printer, even though the location will change
this weekend.

The next step is I want to remotely control the server, and have access to
execute programs. Will that require SSH?