[aklug] Re: Document Imaging on Linux

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Feb 12 2008 - 12:06:18 AKST

This is what happens when one doesn't keep up.

Last time I was attempting to figure out a way to scan to pdfs w/ Sane,
it didn't do it. I hadn't looked at it from that point recently.

I even wrote a script at one time to use ImageMagick to convert .tiffs.

I spent some time looking through their mailing lists a couple of years
ago and saw stuff where the developers appeared (to me anyway) to be
getting rather short with people wanting that capability. That was
largely why iI switched to VueScan.