[aklug] AKLUG as a legal entity

From: Arthur Corliss <acorliss@nevaeh-linux.org>
Date: Sun Feb 10 2008 - 23:26:28 AKST

Greetings:

It appears to me that some may be hoping that this issue will just go away.
So, let's recap: not *one* director, former or current, has come forward
and state a single instance where maintaining a legal entity was necessary
or beneficial to this group.

That being the case, I'd like to call on Mike Barsalou, as the current
President, to hold a public vote on whether or not the legal entity should
be terminated.

If that vote occurs, here's a few things to keep in mind: it is not fair
for the burden of financially supporting the entity to fall on a few
shoulders. If *any* of you believe we should keep this thing going you
should be among the first to step forward and help support the organization.
If we all are going to benefit, we should all share the burden. I will do
so myself if that's how the vote goes.

That said, it should be obvious what my vote will be. I simply don't see a
practical reason to keep it around.

Let's shake the apathy and obstinance from this matter. Let's make a
decision and set the wheels in motion.

         --Arthur Corliss
           Live Free or Die