[aklug] Re: February Monthly Meeting

From: barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue Jan 29 2008 - 08:29:47 AKST

Quoting Damien Hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>:

<snip>

> VMware works but it's not FOSS. How about Virtual Box?
> http://www.virtualbox.org/
>
> There may be others out there but it's the only one I know of.

Damien,

You make a good point, however, VMWare is free for us to use and allows
folks to do things that they wouldn't normally do.

That being said, I've never used virtual box and the other choices that
I have used, QEMU and Xen, are both still complicated to setup and use
properly.

If your convicted to have folks learn virtualbox, I'd happily include
you in the presentation.

Mike B.