[aklug] 802.11g with WPA

From: Kevin Miller <atftb2@alaska.net>
Date: Fri Jan 25 2008 - 20:15:55 AKST

I'm setting up a computer for my son and need to get a wireless nic.
I'm running 802.11b with WEP right now, but would like to get a card
that will also do 11g and WPA.

For the time being I'll still be on 11b, but when I upgrade my WAP and
the nics in the other computers it would be nice to not have to upgrade
the new computer too. May as well get something that will work from the
get-go.

I'm running SUSE 10.3 on my box, but may try another distro on my sons.
 Variety is the spice of life, right?

I've been looking at http://madwifi.org/wiki/Compatibility but it still
seems to be a bit of a crap shoot.

Is anyone currently running 11g with WPA? What are you using for a nic
(pci - it's on a desktop, not laptop)

Thanks...

--
Kevin Miller