[aklug] Re: [aklug-ops] How to Make a Contribution to AKLUG

From: Arthur Corliss <acorliss@nevaeh-linux.org>
Date: Thu Jan 24 2008 - 14:27:29 AKST

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008, Fielder George Dowding wrote:

> Greetings All, here are the instructions on how to make a monetary
> contribution to the AKLUG:

<snip> No offense, Fielder, but I think this is crap, especially since you
didn't bother to answer my question on the aklug-ops list. So let's do this
one more time:

I have to ask: given that there is a financial burden involved, what does
legal entity get us? I'm less concerned about what we *could* do with
a legal entity as I am about what we *have* done with it that we could not
otherwise do.

In short: what practial impact would terminating the legal entity have on
current AKLUG activities?

Let's cut to the quick here, people. There's no point in sending good money
after bad. Unless we have a good answer for the above, I urge everyone here
to hold onto their money. If we couldn't do what we're currently doing
without a legal entity I'll be the first to contribute. But I want some
reasonable justification for the expense.

         --Arthur Corliss
           Live Free or Die