[aklug] Re: Photo Printer Recommendation

From: Greg Madden <pabi@gci.net>
Date: Wed Dec 19 2007 - 21:32:03 AKST

On Wednesday 19 December 2007, Neil Moomey wrote:
> I would like to buy a Photo Printer which works well with Ubuntu.
> Something which can print 8x10s. A nice bonus would be one with a card
> reader and small display for computerless printing. I went to CompUSA
> and wrote down 6 models I like but only found one listed here
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupportComponentsPrinters and the
> comments were not good. How accurate is this list? What are my
> chances if it's not on this list? Neil

Thats a big list, don't which ones your looking at :-) I have an older
Epson R300 color inkjet. Works with Gutenprint 5.x drivers, set up using
http://localhost:631, the cups browser interface. Kprinter from KDE works
very well also. My impression is Epson is well supported, and HP has made
available printer driver code,... Debian has packages anyway.

Don't know Ubuntu.

Mine does all the above plus prints CD labels.

--
Greg Madden