Relational Database Course at UAA

From: Jim MacDonald <jim@macdonald.org>
Date: Tue Dec 04 2007 - 10:34:55 AKST

Hi all,

Just a quick intro for me. I am a Solaris sysadmin/Oracle DBA who just
moved to Anchorage from Virginia.

I have a two fold question for the group. My wife is an RN who is
currently persuing her Masters in Nursing and is looking for a
speciality, she is interested in the field of Nursing Informatics but
has no formal computer training. I am looking for a 101 style course
on Relational Databases (Oracle, MySQL, Informics) So I can take the
class with her and get her up to speed on the basics of admining a DB.
She has a school project that involves her assisting in bringing a new
Software package online at a local hospital that is based on a MySQL
backend. Any Ideas?

Jim MacDonald
jim AT macdonald DOT org