Re: test - or ... the ZEN of the mailing list - by Google

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Fri Nov 16 2007 - 12:11:56 AKST

If you don't get an error message back, assume that it got there.

Thanks Tom,

I didn't find that exact FAQ, but I did find a similar question/answer
on one of gmail's help forums.

This behavior is somewhat disconcerting at first, but now that I realize
what's going on, I guess I can live with it.

No more test messages ... for the present!!

BTW - someone asked about the " , aklug" in my address. This is because
I have aklug as first name only in Thunderbird's address book. It's
default behavior seems to be, "[last name], [first name]" <[email
address]>. As there is no last name in this instance ... I have a few
addresses this way, doesn't seem to hurt anything.

Tom's address in this post is different because in replies, it returns
it the same way it was received. Mr Barsalou, I do have in my address
book. Assuming the CCs, etc show up in my post, I won't see it unless
someone tells me :-)

Jim Gribbin