Re: CentOS5 and XFS

From: barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Fri Nov 16 2007 - 08:36:46 AKST

Quoting Jon Reynolds <jonr@destar.net>:

> Mike,
>
> Could you have compiled the xfs fs statically into the kernel and not
> used the initrd?

After I sent that message, I realized I might have been able to create
a modules disk and then fed that to the installer, still, I don't think
the xfs tools needed to format the partitions would have been available.

It's tempting to see if I could do it, but I have other priorities at
this point.

I'd be willing to help anyone willing to take this on as a project though. :)

Mike B.