RE: $199 Linux PC Sells Out At Wal-Mart -- Linux PC -- InformationWeek

From: Stephen King <sking@chartercollege.edu>
Date: Thu Nov 15 2007 - 10:16:52 AKST

Thanks for the link...the comments were interesting to read. I'd =
forgotten all about the Lindows debacle.
=20
Sadly, whether they restock it or not has little to do with how quickly =
it sold out, and much to do with how much profit it brought in...how =
many "also bought..."'s were done. One hickie on the retail Linux =
machine market is that people like Wal-Mart probably don't sell as many =
additional games and software utilities with a Linux computer as they do =
with cheap Windows machines.
=20
Stephen