G4l - Ghost for Linux

From: barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun Nov 04 2007 - 16:30:11 AKST

Another new experience for me.

I hadn't had a good chance to use g4l on a machine, but was helping
setup a new laptop for a friend of mine.

So after getting the laptop the way we wanted it, we took one of those
500G WD usb drives you can get from costco and plugged it in.

We wanted to do a byte by byte, so we duped the entire main drive to
backup drive.

Because the backup drive (WD) had Fat32 on we choose to split the file
into 2GB pieces.

This took approximately 30 - 45 minutes to backup the entire main drive
(80G). Not too bad.

In the end, it will save us time if we are ever going to have to
rebuild this machine.

Anyone else use g4l on a regular basis? Mike B.