Re: Installing and using Xen

From: barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun Nov 04 2007 - 13:48:06 AKST

Quoting Jon Reynolds <jonr@destar.net>:

> barsalou wrote:
>> This weekend I had an opportunity to start playing around with Xen
>> using CentOS 5.

<snip>

> Couple of things to try, put all the cd's in your apache html directory
> on you dom0 and do a network install. 2nd, read up on 'xm block detach'.
> In your dom0 type 'xm --help' or something and it will give you some
> info. Welcome to the wonderful world of Xen!!

I'm using full virtualization, but I still believe your idea is a good one.

I have been reading up on xm in the man page, but now I'll turn my
attention specifically to block detach.

Thanks for the welcome!

BTW, pointing the drive at the DVD ISO didn't work either. For some
reason that has not yet been determined, it couldn't use it...got an
error, so wouldn't boot from the dvd iso.

I'm thinking about burning it to a physical disk and pointing it at the
physical cdrom drive.

I'll keep posting what's happening, kinda frustrating, but interesting
all at the same time.

Mike B.