Re: Go over a Linux topic?

From: Arthur Corliss <acorliss@nevaeh-linux.org>
Date: Fri Nov 02 2007 - 09:45:08 AKDT

On Thu, 1 Nov 2007, Computer Rescue wrote:

> I am relatively new to Linux, and I am wanting to learn all that I can. I
> was wondering if we could have a brief lesson on some Linux topic. Nothing
> fancy, just some Linux guy teaching some of the basics to a poor windows
> guy. Arthur, you said at one time you would be willing to do that. The
> offer still stand?

It does, and next week at FNL I will be giving a brief overview of kernel
compilation. If there's other things you'd like to go over, you only have
to ask. I can't do FNL every week, but we can definitely set some time
aside for it. For that matter, we might be able to fit some extra stuff in
next Friday as well. Compiling kernels isn't exactly a complicated or
lengthy process.

         --Arthur Corliss
           Live Free or Die