Re: A New Focus for AKLUG

From: Fielder George Dowding <fgdowding@iceworm-enterprises.org>
Date: Wed Oct 03 2007 - 11:29:46 AKDT

Fielder George Dowding wrote:
> Greetings all and thanks for replying. I am mulling the responses but
> now I must hit the sack. Later.

W00t! It's Wednesday already! Alligators to the left, alligators to the
right! Yesterday afternoon, I think I finally got that water moccasin.
Back to draining the swamp.

I look at the _Friday_Night_AKLUG_Laboratory_Session_ as an
_Immovable_Feast_ and not as a _sacred_cow_. Thus, the
_AKLUG_Presentation_ can be held at any time, on any day, at any place
the interested AKLUG'ers deem appropriate. So, I see this not as a
division but as two activities supported by AKLUG, the not-for-profit
corporation organized under the laws of the State of Alaska.

At the moment we have access to the facilities of the Charter High
School, Highland Tech. What a deal! We have the run of the place with a
few exceptions that are irrelevant to the needs and purposes of AKLUG.
Thus, the Laboratory Session can be held in the large multi-purpose
space, and a Presentation can be held in one of the many classrooms. The
last presentation was held in Ms. Roxy Kohler's classroom. She even
helped set up the projector and the Internet connection so Mike Baker
could make his presentation. This is a sweet deal!

Well, it's back to slogging through the alligator infested swamp on the
lookout for water moccasins and other dangerous fauna.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards       Debian/GNU Linux
Fielder George Dowding, Chief Iceworm        "etch" Testing