Re: A New Focus for AKLUG

From: Arthur Corliss <acorliss@nevaeh-linux.org>
Date: Fri Sep 28 2007 - 10:35:21 AKDT

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007, Greg Madden wrote:

> I can only speak for myself but I am unaware of any divisions in Aklug
> along the lines you describe. There are people with different interests
> but afaik no one diss's any particular group quite like you seem to
> believe. Your say so does not make it so !

I believe the mailing list archives are a matter of public record, Greg.

> WTF over ! Just who , in general, has this ominous atitude.

Be careful what you ask for, Greg. We both know from the ops list there's
some passive aggressive types that ignore friendly, open questions from
other participants. The silent treatment towards, oh, say, Mike B, who's
been actively working to increase interest in Linux is not quite what I
expect from our gender. But I've been trying damned hard not to risk
alienating certain people by calling it all out into the open.

Again, the lack of any real cooperation and general over-protectiveness
towards certain little fiefdoms are a matter of public record. We've tried
to suggest a way that SIGs could be mutually supportive, instead we end up
with isolationist cliques.

         --Arthur Corliss
           Live Free or Die