Re: ClearWire 'no connect' procedures

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Sun Sep 23 2007 - 14:56:37 AKDT

I have to agree with Arthur.

I have had the occasional time I didn't get a connection with Clearwire
when first started, I have even a couple of times lost my connection.

I've always figured it was just like any other cell connection
occasionally dropping. If it doesn't re-connect on its own within a few
seconds, I power-cycle the modem.

A cookie is nothing more than a small text file. I don't see how it can
effect an RF signal.

I think its more likely Fielder had some temporary RF interference that
caused his modem to lose connection, maybe the signal from another tower
was stronger and the cell system attempted to transfer him to another
tower.

Clearwire says up-front that even though it is piggy-backed onto the
cell system, it really isn't designed to move while connected. Even
though it often works, it isn't designed to work with hand-offs from one
tower to the next the way cell phones are.

Jim