Re: Norhtec computer for security camera

From: Jim Courtney <courtney@ieee.org>
Date: Sun Sep 16 2007 - 09:43:52 AKDT

It is not an outdoor camera. The wooden box just has an open front and
is not heated, but it stays dry. An appropriate caption for a picture of
my installation might be "Redneck Security System". I believe it has
survived 2 winters and 3 summers so far, with very few problems. I have
had to reboot it a couple of times, and that's all.

If you don't have to shoot through much vegetation and you're within a
couple hundred feet, you might get the wireless version to work. Power
input is 5VDC so you could probably get away with rotating a couple of 6
volt batteries.

I'm actually just north of Kelly Lake adjacent to 'Camp Ladasa'.