Re: IE on Linux

From: Joshua J. Kugler <joshua@eeinternet.com>
Date: Fri Sep 07 2007 - 11:37:13 AKDT

On Friday 07 September 2007 10:32, Damien Hull wrote:
> http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/page/Main_Page
>
> I just found out about this from the LTSP mailing list. A guy on there
> needs shockwave. Anyway, if you need IE this might be the way to go.
> Don't know anything else about it.
>
> Oh, the site says this is only for testing. You should surf with
> Firefox. :-)

I've had this installed for a while (we do web development, it's nice for
testing under different browsers). I must say, it works well. It installs
all the different versions (5, 5.5, 6, and 7) under their own wine
environment, which in turn is separate from your default wine environment, so
you have pretty good security.

Highly recommended if you *need* IE under Linux. Like, for example, you have
a bank that refuses to support firefox.

Joshua Kugler
Lead System Admin -- Senior Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0xDB26D7CE
PO Box 80086 -- Fairbanks, AK 99708 -- Ph: 907-456-5581 Fax: 907-456-3111