Re: Laptop

From: Clay Scott <rudeboy@gci.net>
Date: Mon Jul 16 2007 - 17:12:56 AKDT

a few months back i settled on an HP DV9000T. dual hard drive capable, several video card options, 4gb ram max and i've successfully run ubuntu and now slackware 12 on it. everything just works...

my version:
- Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 (2.0GHz/4MB L2Cache)
- 17.0" WXGA+ Ultra BrightView Widescreen (1440x900)
- 256MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600
- HP Imprint Finish + Microphone + Webcam
- 2048MB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
- FREE Upgrade from 80GB 5400RPM to 120GB 5400RPM!!
- Super Multi 8X DVD+/-R/RW w/Double Layer Support
- Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection
- No TV Tuner w/remote control
- 8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery

all for under $1700. i've since upgraded the single 120gb drive to dual 160gb with the 120gb in an external drive enclosure. 409gb in all. it's been able to handle anything i've thrown at it so far and it all works with linux. not to mention a LOT less than $2500.

~Clay