Re: www.badvista.org

From: Damien Hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>
Date: Mon Jul 09 2007 - 12:51:10 AKDT

I know 2 things. There are a lot of options and most of them don't do
true HD.

I checked out mythtv.org. I see they list a HD TV tuner card (pchdtv).
There may be more HD support but I didn't dig that deep. Even if this
tuner card lets you connect to the cable box ( not sure that it does )
you won't get HD support. Even if your cable company offers HD content.

I'm not sure how it all works but it has something to do with hardware
and stealing. I think they configured HD cables etc... so you can't
stick a recorder in the middle and get true HD. That would be stealing
content.

If you want a DVR that records HD content you need one that's built into
the cable or sat box. That's my take on it.

Oh, this is assuming that these so called HD cards/hardware is true HD.