Thursday's organizational meeting

From: barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun Apr 29 2007 - 10:34:13 AKDT

OK. So I'm a just a little bit late getting this out. Please forgive me.

Here are my immediate observations about the meeting:

- Half the folks that showed up were new people
- Only 6 members were there.
- The discussion was lively and informative

Here is what came out of the meeting:

- A bunch of people committed to contacting current members (this means
the lurkers) to discuss ideas on revitalizing the current base.
- Friday Night Linux has been a success.
- We need more new folks
- We are going to have an installFest in May (currently the 26th)
details to follow
- We are going to have monthly topics (Jon Reynolds will have more details)
- Damien Hull currently is the voice for the Friday Night Linux crowd.
- We are considering starting a 1-on-1 Mentorship program

There may have been a few other ideas, but I'm hoping that others that
were at the meeting will correct/fill-in where I have failed to
illuminate the topic.

Our next organizational meeting will be the installfest (May 26th) and
I'm open to suggestions for a date from the community at large for the
one in June.

Thanks.

Mike B.