Re: Looking for programing partners

From: Shane Spencer <shane@bogomip.com>
Date: Wed Apr 25 2007 - 13:38:41 AKDT

No, I can't explain it much more clearly, I actually need help as I
mentioned in my original post. I'm in the process of writing a more
comprehensive summary at the moment and putting it up somewhere.

To answer your question, it is not intended to do anything IPSEC is
supposed to handle. This "tunnel" type will be based off of the a
library I am calling 'Crush' (website coming soon) which has the basic
goal of seperating data from data formats, including data in
recognizable IP streams. Once the data is seperated it can be
consolidated too ther identical data reducing the amount of duplicate
data on a storage device, or being sent over an IP stream.

Yes, verification of the data is mandatory before it is considered
cached, which removes the error that hash collision could bring into
this technique.

You could use IPSEC to secure the tunnelled data, infact it the IPSEC
related facilities in the Linux and BSD kernel are an integral part of
the project.