Re: ftp.aklug.org

From: Stanley Long <slong@acsalaska.net>
Date: Fri Apr 20 2007 - 09:37:15 AKDT

Shane Spencer wrote:
> I wish I had time to ramble on about why I can't regularly show up to
> the meetings. A lot of us have our own reasons for it. However our
> support doesn't waver.

  [clipped]

> Thank you Damien for taking the Feisty ISO's offline to CD for people
> to use, its very thoughtful if not the ultimate sneakernet caching
> system.
>
> Shane

Damien, and at least two others, maintain USB2 external hard drive
mirrors. They are not identical, and they don't all always show up
together, but the "install" part of Friday Linux just rolls along
quietly. We get to taking it for granted, just like we do others'
portable wireless services.

Shane, as long as you guys are available to bail us out like this, we
will try to keep the lights on and the power strips untangled. :-)