Re: Friday night meeting

From: Stanley Long <slong@customcpu.com>
Date: Sat Apr 07 2007 - 11:07:45 AKDT

barsalou wrote:
> So how about someone giving a summary of what happened at the Friday
> night meeting?
>
> Not all of us can make it every week, and I keep hearing about how
> great things are going every Friday night.
>
> It would be nice to get a sense of what folks are learning and are
> looking to learn.
>
> Mike B.

Medium turnout, bolstered by the students returning from their robotics
  forays.

One Suse 10.2 laptop is acquiring the fanciest of desktops in
anticipation of showoffs during a long trip :-)

We broke a realtor's laptop dual boot system; four cooks trying to
orchestrate a repartitioning :-((

We made a 30-minute house call for a gent tethered by an oxygen hose;
replaced speakers and configured audio on a 450mHz Compaq with 256mB.
He likes the Debian/KDE games but would like internet connectivity.

We were given a Linksys BEFW11.54 wireless (802.11b) but could use
matching components.

One participant went home with a new-in-the-box tower case, and several
took home old reliable NIB keyboards courtesy Damien and one of his clients.

Several kept their heads down and worked; the experts got overworked!