Ubuntu Feisty Fawn

From: dhull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>
Date: Wed Apr 04 2007 - 12:33:14 AKDT

I installed Feisty Fawn on my laptop yesterday. I haven't played around with it much. I did do an update this morning though. That was about 300MB and took about an hour and a half.

The one thing I really like is the new networking configuration tools. There is a network icon that tells you if you are connected or not. If you click on it a list of wireless connections will pop up. Click on the connection you want and away it goes.

If you would like to see Feisty in action I'll have my laptop at the AKLUG meeting this Friday. I'll also have all the updates to Feisty on a local mirror. It shouldn't take more then a few minutes to do an update.

I'll post new info if anything comes up.