high definition audio support

From: Rachel Flynn <uebergeekess@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Mar 28 2007 - 08:09:53 AKDT

Hello,

I have come out of lurkdom to ask if anyone knows if there is any high
definition audio support available for FreeBSD (6.2 stable). I bought a new
laptop and I can not get the sound to work because of this. Im pretty bummed
with it because either I can use FreeBSD without sound or stinky slow Vista
(and compared to FreeBSD, Vista is pretty damn slow). I would very much
appreciate any help, or even a point in th right direction.

thanks,

Rachel Flynn :)