Re: ACS Internet Outage

From: <jonr@destar.net>
Date: Sun Mar 25 2007 - 00:23:43 AKDT

Quoting Damien Hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>:

> What's with all the communication lines being cut?
>
> I think it was about a month ago that some truck took out a cable or two
> that did Internet and TV. We didn't have Internet at the Friday night
> meeting. You would think they would find a better place for these wires
> and cables.

It would help if they actually buried these lines and it might not be such a bad
idea to call for free locates of underground wires before you start digging
holes. I know that GCI likes to bury their cables just below the surface, so
even if you get a locate as soon as you dig up 2" you cut their cable.

Jon