Can I do VOIP from the Cell Phone?

From: Damien Hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>
Date: Wed Mar 21 2007 - 14:32:56 AKDT

I'm starting to do more and more tech support calls where I need to call
another "tech". The company that I work for says I should use the on
site phone. That doesn't work well for me. Either the phone is not next
to the equipment I'm working on or I need my hands at the same time.
That's why I have a bluetooth head set.

I'm wondering if there is a cost effective way to build a VOIP gateway.
I call a local number that allows me to make a call over the Internet.

I could get Clear Wire and just use Skype on my Laptop. I wonder if
that's cost effective.

Oh, the goal here is to cut down on the long distance bill.