Re: Beryl anyone?

From: Damien Hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>
Date: Sat Feb 17 2007 - 13:15:27 AKST

A couple people were working on this at the meeting last night. One
machine had just enough video power to run Beryl. Unfortunately the
transparent cube effect slowed things down a bit so we turned it off.

I ran Beryl for few days just to play with it. The version we played
with last night didn't look anything like the Beryl I was using. All the
settings were in different places. They must be doing a lot of work on
Beryl.

This was done on Ubuntu Mint. I don't know anything about this off shoot
of Ubuntu. Maybe Jonathan can post something about it. He keeps telling
me I should switch. Sure!

According to Jonathan Feisty Fawn won't have Beryl. I guess the Ubuntu
team took it out at one point. If they don't include it I'm sure some
third party will create a package for it. It's way to cool not to have.

With all the eye candy I'm kind of curious how anyone is able to get
work done. You could spend a couple of days playing with the settings.
You also need to practice rotating the cube, throwing your windows
around and making it rain on your desktop. Then there's all those You
Tube videos that need to be watched from the back side. The fun just
keeps going and going....

WARNING! PARTS OF YOUR DESKTOP MAY KETCH FIRE.