Trouble with Ubuntu updates

From: Damien Hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>
Date: Sat Feb 10 2007 - 09:12:38 AKST

I just updated a clients server. The updates were slow and some things
didn't get downloaded on the first pass. I had to do a second "apt-get
upgrade" to get everything.

I popped into the IRC Ubuntu channel on freenode and a guy there said
there's trouble with a kernel update. That and the Ubuntu team is doing
an update of the servers or something. He didn't seem to know much. All
he really knew was that there was trouble in them thar hills. Or in this
case them thar servers.

This guy seems to think waiting a day or so is best. He plans on waiting
a week before doing an update. I think that's a little long to wait for
updates. I'll be in IRC off and on today. I'm hoping someone will be
able to tell me when things will be working again.

If you would like to join me install xchat.

   1. go to the freenode server
   2. join the ubuntu channel - /join #ubuntu
   3. My nick is DigitalNinja

No one else has that nick on freenode. I some how managed to register
the nick. I think that means I own it or something like that. Any way.
That's where I'll be.