Re: Tonight's Presentation

From: Fielder George Dowding <fgdowding@gmail.com>
Date: Sat Feb 10 2007 - 01:23:16 AKST

On 2/10/07, adamb@glaven.org <adamb@glaven.org> wrote:

> I really liked the presentation tonight. I've got a few things to look up
> and investigate now. Thanks to Mike for setting it up, and thanks to
> whats-his-name (sorry, I've forgotten) for creating and giving the
> presentation. Now I need a tour of the datacenter :)
>

> Mike, I'd like to do a presentation on postfix, if there's an opening. I
> can't stop praising postfix... And syslog servers.
>
> Yes! I see each Linux box with its own smtp (postfix of course) that can
properly send email. That is without using one's ISP's smtp server. To me
this means a minimum of a local caching dns server running on the box. A
firewall, well, really, properly configured packet filtering (both ways from
Sunday). There are probably a few other things needed, so that is what I am
working toward.

--
Fielder George Dowding, KL7FHX
dba Iceworm Enterprises