VMplayer and Nevaeh

From: barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed Jan 24 2007 - 21:17:25 AKST

Many of you know that we are currently using a distribution that one of
our members has put together on one of our servers. We have been using
this server as a platform to learn linux...sort of an advanced LFS
server.

Additionally, someone asked me if I had ISO's for this distribution.
And although I do, I thought I would go one step further.

I created a vmware player "appliance".

So, if you have vmware player running on your Windows or your Linux
box, you can get this "appliance" and have a pre-installed copy of this
distribution.

One of the beautiful things about this approach is, given that you dork
up the system, you can just download it again and have another working
copy.

You can get the current copy at: ftp://ftp.aklug.org/vmplayer-nevaeh.bz2

It's about 180mb....not to bad for a full distribution.

As we go forward, I'll give some insight into accomplishing some of the
tasks that your more familiar with in your current linux distros.

Don't expect a lot of fanfare when you run things...it's a bare bones
distro aimed at being a server.

BTW, the password you will need is: usethesource Thank Dee McKinney for
the bandwidth.

Mike B.