Some non-computer questions about electrical wiring

From: Adam Bultman <adamb@glaven.org>
Date: Tue Jan 23 2007 - 18:00:23 AKST

Good evening, everybody. I know this is off topic, but I'm not too hot
(ha!) with electrical wiring, and while I've been googling for info, I
can't find it all together in the way I need it.

I have a building, about 11' by 7.5' that will soon be insulated, and
finished with drywall. There's already pre-wired boxes (although the
plugs themselves aren't there yet, there's just the wire coming through
the boxes) and there's another already existing box on the outside of
the building (which I imagine is to hold outdoor plugs.)

I have to run wire to this "shed", as I'll call it, and I don't know the
best way to run wire. The guy at Lowe's suggested 8 awg wire run to it,
which breaks down from 240 volts into (I think) two 30 amp circuits of
110 volts apiece. Maybe the wire running out was 240 volts and 30 amps,
to be broken down into two 110 volt, 15 amp circuits. It's all greek to me.

Anyway, there's a pile of wire in said shed, and it is 10 awg wire. On
it is written:
"E30445 (UL) AWG 10 CU 3 CDR WITH AWG 10 GROUND TYPE UF-B 600 VOLTS
SUNLIGHT RESISTANT"

I've gathered that it's 10 gauge wire, with a 10 gauge ground, and that
this is cable which is designed to be buried. I'm guessing it can
handle up to 600 volts; but I'm not sure if this is what I need. I wish
I had a rangefinder; I couldn't really guess how far it is from my
breaker box or my outdoor electrical box to the shed. Let's say, 100
feet or so.

So:
1. Is this the gauge and style of wire I should run?
2. What voltage / amperage combination is recommended for this wire?
3. What would you think is a proper wire for my application (which is,
turn the 'shed' into my office, once I insulate, drywall, paint, and
electrify it.)
4. Can you think of any 'gotchas' I should worry about? Apart from
killing myself?

Thanks for any / all info...

Adam