Re: More video editing conversation

From: Fielder George Dowding <fgdowding@iceworm-enterprises.net>
Date: Sat Jan 06 2007 - 21:34:24 AKST

barsalou wrote:
> Hopefully I'm not the only one interested in this and there are more
> with experience they would like to share.
>
> I'm mostly interested in the successes folks have had actually creating
> a DVD with Linux that can be used in a standard DVD player, what distro
> was used and some steps they had to go through to accomplish that.
>
> Mike B.

Yea and amen! Producing a CD's and DVD's suitable for playing in a
standard CD or DVD player as well as content useful for computer owners
is one of my little volunteer tasks at my church. I have purchased an HP
Multimedia TV System (COSTCO special last October) to do the job. It
came with Windows XP Multimedia edition. I have it working with Debian
64 and I am trying other distributions. I have some audio to play with,
but so far the member who took some videos has not provided me with
anything to test.

Recently the church office had to replace the aging HPLJ (5) so they go
a super HP Color LaserJet with networking built in. Boy, do I like that.
I can print from my server using CUPS. So, everything is in place for
the system to perform, but I am not sure what to use to produce media
with sound or video (and sound) for distribution on a CD or DVD.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards       Debian/GNU Linux
Fielder George Dowding, Chief Iceworm        "etch" Testing