Re: Bandwidth Throttling

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Fri Jan 05 2007 - 15:58:49 AKST

It didn't occur to me at the time that the ISPs might be throttling, but
I suspect GCI is doing that with bittorrent also. I downloaded the
latest OpenOffice the other day and it didn't seem like it was going
that much faster than dial-up. They were probably throttling too.

I also find port blocking a little annoying. They apparently do it do
keep people from running servers without paying for the higher level
service. It's my understanding that if you pay for the commercial
version of the DSL, those ports aren't blocked. At least fewer of them are.

Jim